• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Code Complete

This topic is 5499 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello to anyone that has read Code Complete by Steve McConnell, would it be wise for a newbie c++ programmer to read this - I mean will this book confuse me or will it be a big help. GameDev says that this is a good read, and I''m looking forward to it. Jeff D

Advertisement
It will certainly give you a lot to think about :-)

I think its a great book and I belive that people of all experience levels can gain a lot by reading it. In fact reading it now before you have gathered too many bad coding habits is probably a really good idea.

Alan

Excellent book.

pan narrans | My Website | Study + Hard Work + Loud Profanity = Good Code

//--------------------------------------------
// Join the Anti "War Thread" Coalition!!
//--------------------------------------------

The binding is crappy though - I''ve only read my copy twice, and it''s already fallen to pieces.

"I know very well who Satan is: He is freedom. He is the uncontrolled, the incalculable, the antithesis of order and discipline, the antithesis of the legalism of outer space.... We know where a planet will be in twelve years, four months and nine days. But we don''t know where a butterfly will have flown one minute hence. Therefore the butterfly is of Satan."
-- Jens Bjørneboe

It''s good to know so far everyone who responded says its a good book. Ill start reading it tonight thx all

Jeff D

• Advertisement