Code Complete

Started by
6 comments, last by Jeff D 21 years, 2 months ago
Hello to anyone that has read Code Complete by Steve McConnell, would it be wise for a newbie c++ programmer to read this - I mean will this book confuse me or will it be a big help. GameDev says that this is a good read, and I''m looking forward to it. Jeff D
Suffered seven plagues, but refused to let the slaves go free. ~ Ross Atherton
Advertisement
It will certainly give you a lot to think about :-)

I think its a great book and I belive that people of all experience levels can gain a lot by reading it. In fact reading it now before you have gathered too many bad coding habits is probably a really good idea.

Alan
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour
I agree. It''s a very good book. Well worth buying.
Excellent book.

pan narrans | My Website | Study + Hard Work + Loud Profanity = Good Code

//--------------------------------------------
// Join the Anti "War Thread" Coalition!!
//--------------------------------------------
Minister of Propaganda : leighstringer.com : Nobody likes the man who brings bad news - Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC), Antigone
Very, very good book.

Ken Murphy
The binding is crappy though - I''ve only read my copy twice, and it''s already fallen to pieces.

"I know very well who Satan is: He is freedom. He is the uncontrolled, the incalculable, the antithesis of order and discipline, the antithesis of the legalism of outer space.... We know where a planet will be in twelve years, four months and nine days. But we don''t know where a butterfly will have flown one minute hence. Therefore the butterfly is of Satan."
-- Jens Bjørneboe
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Very good book.
It''s good to know so far everyone who responded says its a good book. Ill start reading it tonight thx all

Jeff D
Suffered seven plagues, but refused to let the slaves go free. ~ Ross Atherton

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement