• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobboau

super slow rendering in windowed mode

This topic is 5797 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a little view window on a thing I''m makeing and the frame rate has been throughout development, all the way back to when I had a simple DX window, about 5 fps, the odd thing is it seems to have little to do with the number of polygons on screen or the amount of space they cover but the size of the view window itself, as though the prenent is takeing longer to flip the front and back buffers, is there anything that would be usefull for speeding up windowed rendering, or is it just a metter of it being in windowed mode, I can live with a poor framerate if I have too, as this is only a model editor

Advertisement
sounds like you are not getting hardware acceleration.
check your initialization code to make sure you are setting up for and getting hardware acceleration
if you are using DX that is
i think OpenGL will automatically use hardware acceleration without you having to specify it

"I pity the fool, thug, or soul who tries to take over the world, then goes home crying to his momma."
- Mr. T

yes I am useing DX, and I tell it to use HAL, so I would expect it to be useing hardware rendering (as much as it can on my 8MB savage 4)
early in development I was able to swich between fullscreen and windowed, full screen was several orders of magnatude faster (though not as fast as I was expecting it to)
well if it''s just my crappy card and MFC conspireing against me together then it isn''t much to be done about it

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!