wierd space idea

Started by
12 comments, last by entivore 21 years, 2 months ago
And what if weapons consisted in missiles fired by player-controlled turrents, and these missiles could be blown up by close-range lasers controlled by "shield" players?

ToohrVyk
-------------
Extatica - a free 3d game engine
Available soon!
Click here to learn more
Advertisement
No Offense, but I don''t know if the game would go too far... It seemse repetitive and if your focus is on randomly assigned-classes, I don''t think much people would appreciate the chaotica fashion of it all.
Maybe an online FPS/3rd Person game. No Bots, unless thy''re really well-made. There are like space wars in a fake universe, a fake galaxy. When you join a server, you join a ship that you would like to, except (here''s the interesting part) that each ship is like a mini-server. The people already in any given ship will decide if they want you in, most likely if it is public or most unlikely if it is a clan or something of the sort. Then, if you are rejected a spot, you go to a planet of your choice. Being on a planet is itself an adventure. At virtually anytime - if you''re on a ship- you can simply land at a public landing spot or even your own private place. As you conquer more people''s land or defeat them, your rank goes up. Within each ship, deciding which class each person will be is in a democratic fashion, compromising, but not all classes should be vital, maybe only one or two (like a pilot or a technician). You get money with your rank, and you can buy lots on planets. But this is hard to do since planet space would obviously have to be limited. You can teleport easily anywhere but is costs money.
When you''re on a planet, you can join working or fighting guilds which work together; these groups can work together to surive and or fight to get to different planets or simply to increase in rank or prominence. Or you can be a freelancer, and develop your own team, in which case you would have to buy your own ship, or other planetary means of transportation. (I can not stress enough how important planets with land would be as a part of the game). You can also have mafias, that are simply wealthy guys who obtain ships and lease them to freelancers or guilds in return for a percentage of their money (which is NOT aut-reducted, because then you could choose to pay the mafia, and if you don''t you''ll be a fugitive).
Then there are landed planetary army/fighting stations, in which you can fight with huge-ass turrets for land-to-air wars or land-to-land wars, with simple space rifles and other types of cool guns.
Um, I''ve rambled so much about this that this is actually a game that I would wanna buy! lol.

Tell me what you think.
Btw, I plan to design games when I grow up.

-GrunGery
I can''t help but feel that forced random team assignments is a bad thing - what if two or three people want to play co-operatively with each other (being in same physical room allowing improved co-ordination of efforts) and just want place-fillers from the net? If you ask me, any situation where people have to co-operate, you want to at least allow the option of two or more friends getting into the same team together...
Any FPS with a load-out or class option has this feature. You log onto a team, and then you pick the kit or job that best suits your interests and the needs of the group. Two machinegunners, a medic, an engineer, and an explosives guy, and you''ve got a team.

Putting people on a ship is cool, but I''d like to see it as a sort of FPS on-board, and you run to the stations that you need to use. You''re cruising through space with a navigator and a pilot and an engineer, and then bad guys roll in, and you dash to the weapons.

Really, simulating on-board life would have a buttload of sitting around staring at each other. Maybe you could have stages. Here''s a plying stage, here''s a fighting stage, here''s a "defending the ship by shooting people in the corridors" stage. That could be fun, the the multiplayer system gets awkward.

I don''t know. I doubt I could do it, so you''ll have to figure it out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement