• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NotTaxes

Motion Sickness

This topic is 5592 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m getting motion sickness within about 10 minutes playing my game. Normally I don''t get sick at all. Is this something to do with my view matrix perhaps? Not strictly game-relevant, but... well, it is in DirectX and it does seem to be strictly only with my game so... Totally sucks trying to debug! ;-)

Advertisement
Does the camera move in unexpected ways? I remember getting a headache watching a friend play Doom. But I was fine when I played.

How's the framerate? Is it jittery?

What about the zoom factor (angle of frustum) in your rendering? That could do it too.

[edited by - Waverider on February 1, 2003 10:57:48 AM]

If your game plays in fullscreen then perhaps it''s gone and set the monitor''s refresh frequency to something really low. Low refresh frequencies can cause flickering that you may or may not notice consciously. This, combined with camera-craziness, may cause motion-sickness? I have no idea

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!