• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delphi 6 or 7?? Which one you recommand??

This topic is 5585 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Guess that depend what you need it fore..
I use Delphi 6 personal, it free.. as long I dont make anything, that I want to sell..
But if I had the money fore it, Delphi 7 pro ;-)

The version I''ve tried was Delphi 7 Enterprise and I would never recommend you this version. The worst part of it - errors in the compiler; some applications had "access violation" when closing applications with just "empty project"; extremely high prices, missing some old good Delphi components (like FastNet) and editor bugs made me very anxious about this version. Now when I''m back to Delphi 6 - I feel a lot better.
That was my "practical" opinion... of course, I might been just very unlucky

I have Delphi 6 and 7, (personal editions). The only this I have gained out of Delphi 7 is the WinXP theme management. Several nice features have been lost (in the personal edition at least) such as some of the autocomplete things. I have also had a few access violations when closing applications -- though I have been attributing this to my programming

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!