Need ISO

Started by
4 comments, last by nickmerritt 21 years, 2 months ago
I need a 3D render to make some ISO art but I have no money, I''ve tried Anim8or and it works but not for making ISO, or so I think? Any programs for free that work? Nick
Nick
Advertisement
There are Milk shape and Blender that are 3D modellers that you should look into in terms of absolutely free.

If you go to a good magazine store, there are copies of Computer Art and 3D World for $20 that have the trueSpace modeller full version 3.0 that is good for iso. I'm prejudiced about it because I do my iso art in trueSpace 4.3 to render sprites from 3D models.

ZoomBoy
Developing a iso-tile 2D RPG with skills, weapons, and adventure. See my old Hex-Tile RPG GAME, character editor, diary, 3D Art resources at Check out my web-site
My Game Art

[edited by - ZoomBoy on February 1, 2003 5:30:06 PM]
Thanks, in truespace do you have to rotate every thing by hand?
Nick
quote:Original post by nickmerritt
Thanks, in truespace do you have to rotate every thing by hand?

I have rotating poses like you.
You can rotate by typing the rotation into the Object Panel and then hitting the record button.
or
by hand quite safely
I use an overhead view - I always have one open - and then restrict the rotation with two mouse clicks to just the Z axis.
I move the mouse and the model rotates to the correct facing. The Object Panel shows the rotation real-time as well so it can be exact.

But there is a trick if you have 8 poses rather than 4.
1st I do the pose facing me - frame 0
Then I do the facing away pose - frame 4
Then I do the facing left pose - frame 6
And then the pose facing me again - frame 8
It interpolates properly for frames 1,2,3,5,7 but only render out frames 0 to 7

But the safest method I use is
1st I record the pose facing me - frame 0
And then record the pose facing me again - frame 8(so it''s exactly the same as frame 0)
Then I do the facing away pose - frame 4
Then I do the facing left pose - frame 6

hints
- Watch out for the auto-record option - I have it turned off
- Make sure your axes of the object are where you want them to be. It can be tricky for a humanoid figure
- if your model has bones in it, the bones rotate but the skin is one step behind It freaked me the 1st time I saw it.
- create a spread-sheet, if you''ve got many poses

ZoomBoy
Developing a iso-tile 2D RPG with skills, weapons, and adventure. See my old Hex-Tile RPG GAME, character editor, diary, 3D Art resources at Check out my web-site
quote:Original post by nickmerritt
I need a 3D render to make some ISO art but I have no money, I''ve tried Anim8or and it works but not for making ISO, or so I think? Any programs for free that work?
Nick
It seems you need to get money, then you can get a good 3D program. Sometimes getting to the goal takes more than one step, Grasshopper.

If you use a 3d app that supports plugins and you are a decent programmer, or know one, you could make a plugin to do the rotations for you automatically.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement