Graphics- MOVIES

Started by
15 comments, last by BrainlessGerbil 21 years, 1 month ago
seems to be some kind of relgious question.
Advertisement
Just to jump onto this burning bandwagon; I haven''t used Maya, but from what I hear it seems to be considered as good as it gets. I have used 3D Studio, and that''s certainly an excellent piece of software.
i think maya or max will get the job done fastest and easiest
i think maya or max will get the job done fastest and easiest
Wow, you resurrected an old post and you double posted! Plus, you''re offering advice on something you don''t seem to be clear about yourself! Nice.
all 3d software (Maya,XSI,Lightwave,Max,Houdini...) have more or less the same tools, the only thing that cares is who is using it, and how much is able to do with.
However, Lightwave is the reference for polygonal modeling, Maya and XSI for animation, Max for a bit of all, and Houdini for compositing and especial effects (in this field Maya goes well too).
For made polygonal models for games, everyone of the listed above and milkshape,truespace,blender... are good enough for this task, if you go to the field of 3d animation not-real-time and realistic rendering the best are the listed above only.
quote:Original post by UnshavenBastard
Caligari TrueSpace is getting better and better.
You guys that don''t like older versions of TS, and
never have really checked out newer versions
like 5.2 (6.5 will be released very soon. or, is it already out?), please don''t misinform newbies with what you
remember TrueSpace to be plus prejudices on new versions.

Totally true. TS is awesome

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement