• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

_Danneman_

Change FOV (Field Of View) ?

This topic is 5677 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I would like to change the FOV in UT 2003. The fish-eye perspective is too much for my personal liking (ie. the graphics get streched way too much at the peripherals of the screen as opposed to when it is centered). But how do I do this? Im currently messing with the file UT2003/System/UT2003.ini, where I found the following value: FovAngleDegrees=90.000000 Is this where I edit the FOV? And how (angle up or down?)? Im guessing this forum would be the best place to ask this, since I could probably also get a good description of this function. ----PATRIOTISM---- “Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar.” — Julius Caesar

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Uhm... don''t really know why you ask this here... I mean, it is sort of more a question for a ut2003 community site or something. But to change the fov, just write "fov value" (where value is a value... i think 85 or 90 is standard. just try some) at the console.

In-game, use the "say" key... the line "> SAY " will appear in green at the bottom right side of your screen. Delete the "SAY" instruction, and type "FOV x" instead, where x is the angle value. Fiddle with these values until you find one that fits (I personally use 110, but fish-eye is bigger at that angle, so you might consider 70).

ToohrVyk
-------------
Extatica - a free 3d game engine
Available soon!
Click here to learn more

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!