MSN/Windows Messenger

Started by
5 comments, last by TheSorcerer 21 years, 2 months ago
I was bored and though "What the heck and let's try to make a MSN bot" (I know that there are dozens on the internet). But I haven't got ver far yet. I can create the Messenger object.

ReturnVal = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_Messenger,
                             NULL,
                             CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER,
                             IID_IMessenger,
                             MessengerObject);        
I know this is a way to create the Messenger object, but I can't find out what type the variable MessengerObject supposed to be (it's not LPVOID */void **). Can anyone help me. [edited by - TheSorcerer on February 1, 2003 5:13:22 PM]
Advertisement
Perhaps IMessenger* MessengerObject? You''ll have to change the call to

IMessenger* MessengerObject;ReturnVal = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_Messenger, NULL, CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER, IID_IMessenger, (void**)&MessengerObject);   

quote:Original post by TheSorcerer
I was bored and though "What the heck and let''s try to make a MSN bot" (I know that there are dozens on the internet). But I haven''t got ver far yet. I can create the Messenger object.

Well at least youre not trying to reverse engineer AIM and write an OSCAR client.
quote:Original post by DukeAtreides076
Well at least youre not trying to reverse engineer AIM and write an OSCAR client.

cause if you did.. then you''d really be 31337. =P
what''s a bot?

if someone could stop MSN messenger from asking me to update versions every 2 weeks, that would be cool!
It would be nice to stop getting popup spam messages from msn!

-----------------------------
"There are ones that say they can and there are those who actually do."

"...u can not learn programming in a class, you have to learn it on your own."

-----------------------------"There are ones that say they can and there are those who actually do.""...u can not learn programming in a class, you have to learn it on your own."
quote:
Perhaps IMessenger* MessengerObject? You''ll have to change the call to

IMessenger* MessengerObject;
ReturnVal = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_Messenger, NULL, CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER, IID_IMessenger, (void**)&MessengerObject);

Sorcerer slowly walks to mutex and shares a wet long passionate frenchkiss with it

^_^

Dr Chi: A bot is a program that auto-resonds when someone talks to you

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement