• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DX8 problems

This topic is 5500 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I always get this error is Microsoft Visual C++: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ''d3d8.h'': No such file or directory How do I fix it?

Advertisement
Well have u installed the Dev Runtime Dx8???

I had the same problem with 9.. i had to remove the Dx9 DevRuntime files and reinstall them a few time un till it worked... Other wise i dont know why...
Sorry

Guest Anonymous Poster
It asked if I wanted to install the complete or Runtime one, and I chose the complete one.

Hmmmm well are u sure u downloaded the Developers Runtime then??? And have u downloaded the C++"as i think ur programming with" SDK? Im not sure but i think u have to have it.. im not a hundered procent sure.. but... try it.. if u dont have it installed..

Ohh u should try this first...

Have u gone in to setting and the to links and added

d3d9.lib???

it should be in the object/library modules line..

Ohh u should try this first...

Have u gone in to setting and the to links and added

d3d8.lib???

it should be in the object/library modules line..

There should be an option in your Visual C++ settings that allows you set up include and library directories that the compiler will look through. My guess is that you haven''t added the DirectX directories to this.

- master_ball

----------------------------
We R 138

Yes. I''ve included the lib files already, and the include directory.

quote:
Original post by Sixten
Hmmmm well are u sure u downloaded the Developers Runtime then???

Developers Runtime??? I don''t know what that is so my guess is no. Where could I get this from?

Well u get it from Microsoft

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=934CE633-A8C7-437D-BA76-32ED4DDED9F0&displaylang=en

Just go there and download the whole file... and there u got the samples for c++ and Vb.. and u will have the runtime Dx8 to in there... try that and see what happends...

• Advertisement