toolbar in full mode

Started by
1 comment, last by Neen10do 21 years, 2 months ago
im trying to create a game using directx7 and directdraw. when i set the co-op level to full screen mode the window still shows the toolbar (the minimize, max, and x buttons). i havent created any surfaces yet though. will the toolbar go away when i start the primary and back buffers? or do i have to do another step for the window bar to disappear? i code therefore i am.
----------------------i code therefore i am.Aero DX - Coming to a bored Monitor near you!
Advertisement
The titlebar will not show up if you do not create the window with the correct styles. What works for me is WS_POPUP|WS_VISIBLE and WS_EX_TOPMOST for a fullscreen ddraw application. The desktop may still show up until you write something to the framebuffer.
Call FlipToGDISurface()

...then cross your fingers and hope the driver wasn''t "optimised" for Quake and that the chip isn''t 3Dfx based - in those cases you''ll have to stop mixing Windows UI with custom rendering. The Windows UI looks damn ugly at 640x480 anyway, I''d only show it during fullscreen exclusive mode if I was *really* desperate and there wasn''t any other way...

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement