• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dunge

Office XP screw Visual Studio .net? :)

This topic is 5676 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well I had Visual Studio .NET (english) and it was working right, but now I installed office XP (french) and everytime I enter in a office prog or in vs.net I get a "office preparing to install, collecting information" progress bar and it take some time,... dunno why and what is it suposed to do but it I wait or if I cancel it, vs.net or office right great, it''s just annoying!

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by Dunge
Well I had Visual Studio .NET (english) and it was working right, but now I installed office XP (french) and everytime I enter in a office prog or in vs.net I get a "office preparing to install, collecting information" progress bar and it take some time,...

I''ve seen that one too. Office 2K, VS.NET Professional and Win2K Pro - all english.
No idea what''s causing it, and haven''t been annoyed enough with it(after all, it does work if you just cancel it) to figure out whats causing it.

"I know very well who Satan is: He is freedom. He is the uncontrolled, the incalculable, the antithesis of order and discipline, the antithesis of the legalism of outer space.... We know where a planet will be in twelve years, four months and nine days. But we don''t know where a butterfly will have flown one minute hence. Therefore the butterfly is of Satan."
-- Jens Bjørneboe

Guest Anonymous Poster
Yeah, i had the exact same problem. uninstalling word helped though

check out this article from MS it is for office 2000 but might fix the problem

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;265194

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!