• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamessharpe

Drawing objects

This topic is 5677 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Would this be a good implementation for a renderer? Define a class from which all renderable objects derive from. In this class define all variables required e.g. textures, lighting, blending, vertex mode, and vertex array. I will then provide interfaces to query each of these variables and send the whole object to the renderer. Obviously all the derived class will have to do is implement the functions that return the vertex buffer, and the indices to draw and the draw mode(Tri''s, tri strip etc..) I''m thinking that this way I could transparently add new objects without having to change my render code, as long as new effects are not required.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!