• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sixten

DirectPlay8 Problem!!

This topic is 5772 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well im making an app that will use Dx8 Directplay... it was working fine for a few weeks but now im getting a mysterius error Run_time error ´-2146073824(80158320)´: Automation error

Public Const AppGuid = "{0AC3AAC4-5470-4cc0-ABBE-6EF0B614E52A}"

Public Const DefaultPort As Long = 3252

Dim App As DPN_APPLICATION_DESC
    With App
        .guidApplication = AppGuid
        .lMaxPlayers = 1000
        .SessionName = "MY Game"
        .lFlags = DPNSESSION_CLIENT_SERVER Or DPNSESSION_NODPNSVR
    End With

DPA.SetSP DP8SP_TCPIP
    DPA.AddComponentLong DPN_KEY_PORT, DefaultPort

DPS.Host App, DPA

And its at DPS.Host, app, DPA that things go wrong!! I dont know why.. i have checked.. the port i am useing is open and i have tried changing it to like 5 others and i get the same answer.. So how do i fix this... ??? I think it might be something with the ports in my firewall... Hmmm i have a hardware firewall..

Advertisement
Look in the SDK and you''ll find a utility called DirectX Error Lookup and enter the hex code into it with a 0x at the front:

HRESULT: 0x80158320 (2148893472)
Name: DPNERR_INVALIDDEVICEADDRESS
Description: Invalid device address
Severity code: Failed
Facility Code: FACILITY_DPLAY (21)
Error Code: 0x8320 (33568)

Hopefully that should be umm less "mysterious" now

So something is wrong with your DirectPlay8Address object, unfortunately I''m not at all experienced with DPlay code so can''t offer any advice of what to look into further.

From a quick look at the C++ docs, sending wrong stuff to the BuildFrom*** call looks like it could be the culprit, assuming the DPA object is valid at all...

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!