Programming Question

Started by
5 comments, last by Brerick 21 years, 2 months ago
I was learning C++, but now my school is taking away the AP C++ class and their is no point in taking it, to me, if I can not get an AP credit for it in the future. However, Java and AP Java is being offered. I am going to go get a book tommorow about it. Any suggestions on books for Java? Also, what proggrams do you use to program graphics in Java? I know their is OpenGL for C++ but I don''t know what their is for Java. Thanks for all your help!
Advertisement
Java has its own graphics methods...haven''t used any in a while...there is a gl4java and Java3D and many other libraries...don''t think there''s an SDL for Java yet.

--SuperRoy
[ Author:: Linux GameDev Articles ] [ Programmer:: WhitespaceUnlimited ] [ Webdesigner:: CTH3.com Webdesign ]
Sup guys?
There are some graphic methods in the SDK you download.
Also, if you want to do GUI programming, they also have the APIs in the SDK.
I was just on the Sun Java site the other day. Turns out that they have a beta version of a 3D api available. It uses DirectX and OpenGL (downloaded separately). Perhaps this is the first step to creating great 3D games for multiple platforms.
it''s not your school taking it away, it''s the College Board- they''re switching the AP exam over to Java next year
I can''t believe that! Right when I start to learn C++, and learn that I can skip Intro to C++ the College Board takes away the AP class. Oh well, I guess my teacher did know what she was talking about
yup, personally, I think the College Board should just make up their minds.

Because of them (and the moron guidance counselors), I don''t think my school''s Course Selection Guide has been correct in years- when i signed up for programming two years ago, I signed up for Pascal and C- but then they switched it to C and C++, so I took them. Last year people signed up for C and C++, but they switched it to C++ and Java. and next year''s guide says C and C++ still, even though it''s C++ and Java

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement