• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

readme

VS reinstalling problem

This topic is 5740 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

After reinstalling Visual Studio I get some strange error messages when compiling my projects. They all have to do with this file: ...\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\prsht.h I get around 300 errors with it but I don''t understand why. I reinstalled VS before and did it the exact same way but now all seems fucked up.

Advertisement
no, something very strange happened. the said header file seemed to be in binary(?) format. i downloaded the normal version from a webside and replaced it and now it works. here is what the binary version looked like:

"n nP Pbà " ) )Ú Úb.à , rº ºr— —b"#à ACTIVEX.DEP. uº ºu¯s s¯b"#à COMPRESS.DBF , „º º„   b#%à
GR8409.DLL . ‡º º‡ € € b#%à GR8GALRY.GRA , ÷º º÷J Jb"#à
GRAPH8.DEP , ùº ºù/ /b#''à
GRAPH8.EXE , ÿ½ ½ÿ ² ² b#''à
GRAPH8.OLB . 6¾ ¾6ë ëb#''à GRAPH8RT.SRG . 8¾ ¾8 x x b#''à GRINTL32.DLL , ‡¾ ¾‡o ob1#à MRT7ENU.DLL, u¿ ¿u
8 8
b1à MSO97RT.DLL* wÆ ÆwŠV VŠb"#à ODBC.DEP * ‚Æ Æ‚ > > b+à SCP32.DLL& Ó Ó¼ ¼bà SETUP* ŠÆ ÆŠó ób"#à SETUP.DEP( Ô Ôæ æbà SYSTEM * ‹Æ Æ‹b bb6à VFP6R.DEP* ?Æ Æ?f fb"#à VFP6R.REG "

any idea what could''ve happened? and what is this file for anyway?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!