• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jarrod Davis

GameVision SDK

This topic is 5292 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[ RELEASE ] GameVision SDK 2.x The GameVision SDK is feature complete and can easily create any type of 2D game with D3D for rendering. GameVision 1.x powered our game FreeStrike (http://www.jdsgames.com/freestrike) GV was designed to be easy to use, robust and feature rich and should be easy to use in your projects. [ HISTORY ] Initial release [ REQUIREMENTS ] * Delphi 7 Pro or higher * DirectX 8.1b runtime * Direct3D compliant 3D video card * DirectSound compliant audio card (optional) [ INSTALLATION ] * Put GameVision.dll, GameVision.bpl in the system path and the DCP files in the Delphi path. * Create a new project * Check "build with packages" replace the packages with the GameVision package. * Add the GV units to your uses section as needed. * See the [docs] and [samples] folders for more info on how to use. [ FEATURES ] * DirectX8.1 for 2D rendering * Delphi 7 Pro or higher * OOP * Audio ( Sfx, MP3, music player) * App ( app window, file logging, exeption handling, framerate control, object streaming) * Graphics ( mode enum, primatives, render state management, texture, font, sprite, images, movie rec ) * Input ( input device, input context) * Math ( vector, angle, line intersection) * Plugin (plug dll management ) * Resources ( streaming, resource file, configuration ) * System ( base object, varient data ) * Tools ( handy classes and routines ) * UI ( flexable menuing system ) * Utils ( common routines used throught the sdk ) * Documentation ( compiled html help ) * Much more [ PLANNED FEATURES ] * Scripting support * AI system * comprehensive docs, demos and tuts [ DOWNLOAD ] ftp://ftp.jarroddavis.com/gv/gvsdk2.zip (~5MB) ftp://ftp.jarroddavis.com/gv/gvsdk2.chm (~200KB) [ SUPPORT ] * http://www.jarroddavis.com - JDS website * http://www.jarroddavis.com/forums - GameVision forum * support@jarroddavis.com - support email You are free to you GV for your own projects. In exchange, help us to make it better with your feedback, suggestions and bug reports. If you would like to contribute a demo and/or tutorial, contact us. We encourage you to use the GameVision forum at our website for community support. [ EULA ] GameVision(tm) Game Application Framework, tools and tutorials are Copyright © 1994-2003 Jarrod Davis Software. You may not reverse engineer, or claim GameVision or it's tools as your own work. You are hereby granted the right to use GameVision and it's tools to produce your own applications without paying us any money. We do require that you acknowledge us in your application's credits and/or documentation. An acceptable statement can be such as: " created with the GameVision Game Application framework developed by Jarrod Davis Software. www.jarroddavis.com " You may redistribute GameVision, provided that the archive remain intact. All files of the original distribution must be present! Media used in the demos, tutorials and tools are copyright Jarrod Davis Software and may not be used for any purpose. This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software. If you have further legal questions, please mail legal@jarroddavis.com Best Regards Jarrod Davis Jarrod Davis Software [edited by - Jarrod Davis on February 2, 2003 1:24:06 AM] [edited by - Jarrod Davis on February 23, 2003 2:47:05 PM]

Advertisement
*Sigh*

We had to add more security measures to our internet servers (web, mail, fp) as someone hacked us. ARRG! Now we need to make sure everyone can access the site and download the files successfully. Please let us know if you experience any problems.

Man, viruses, hacking, when will it end?

http://www.jarroddavis.com - web
ftp://ftp.jarroddavis.com - ftp
jarroddavis@jarroddavis.com - email

firlefanz: There is collision support in GV. By default it implements a fast and simple rect collision check, which is all we needed so for our projects. Since its fully OOP you can override the virtual GVActor.Overlap to implement your specific collision detection. See the demo02 sample.

cairnswm: Sorry about that. We only have Delphi 7 installed at the moment. I hope to have lower version support in the future. We take advantage of the Indy components for networking. D6 Pro should work, but I will have to check into support for D5.

Best Regards

Jarrod Davis
Jarrod Davis Software

[edited by - Jarrod Davis on February 3, 2003 7:20:28 AM]

Man oh man... *sigh* very sorry for all the problems we''ve been having. Site was hacked pretty bad. I am in the process of redoing the server. I have a temp page/link up so that people can download:
http://www.jarroddavis.com
Let us know if you continue to have problems.

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards

Jarrod Davis
Jarrod Davis Software

Hi.
I downlaod and instal this package. Works fine.
But... I cant make iso map (( when i set to sprite x or y cordinate smaler then sprite width (or height), this sprite not shoving ((. exampl. width = 64 set x = -33, sprite not visible...
And speed...
I made one example on DelphiX and GameVison vith iso map on 1024x768 fullscreen resolution with sprite 64x128 on GV i get 15-20fps (same result on Omega, but hi dont have fullscreen), , with DelphiX 30-35fps.. ?!
Today i try with release, in beta i have not enought samples...

Hi,

Any coord outside the viewport area (by default will be the fullscreen) will get clipped.

If possible, send me an example that I can run, also if you can send the section of source of where you implement GV that I can see. Send to: support@jarroddavis.com and I will take a look.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards

Jarrod Davis
Jarrod Davis Software

We''re back online now and you should be able to reach/browse the site, use the forums and download files. The rest of the site will come together over the coming weeks.

Thanks for your continued support.

Best Regards

Jarrod Davis
Jarrod Davis Software

Sorry about hiding sprites, maybe i drink so muth wine.. its working ok, but speed still werry slow...
I send my sample to you, maybe my declaration is wrong...

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!