• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VC6 forces complete rebuild

This topic is 5499 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve been working on my current project for over six months now, but yesterday VC (6.0, Std Ed) started forcing me to do a clean rebuild every time I went to run the program. It doesn''t just recompile the files I''ve modified - it does it to all of them. And in a project with over 100 source files and more than 8000 lines of code, this takes quite a while. Why is it doing this??? I haven''t changed any project options or anything. Any help would be much appreciated...

Advertisement
Try doing a Build clean. You may have corrupted one of your intermediate files and need to regenerate it. Worked for me in the past when I had a similar problem.

--
Before I couldn''t spell engineer, now I are one!

Thx for the reply, but I already tried that. Hell, I even created a completely new project and copied all the source files into it (ONLY the source files - none of the project files) - still had the same problem. I reinstalled VC6 - same problem. I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows (98se) - u guessed it....same problem. (Actually, I had to format my drive anyway, but it seemed like an opportune time to go thru with it ).

This is the only project that I have a problem with. All the rest work fine. I''m thinking I must''ve screwed up the source somewhere...

set date and time on all files of that project to current date and time.

What date and time? The ones that you get when u right-click and go ''Properties''? If so, how do I change them?

open them in notepad and save. make sure that files are actually saved.

• Advertisement