• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maitrek

OpenGL OpenGL Multi-texturing

This topic is 6920 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay, I just need the straight story around here (which seems hard to get) but the problem is I can''t figure out how to access the ARBmultitexture functions for Opengl, I know I should be using them to do multi-texturing. And I''ve been to the SGI OGL registry of extensions and all that but it didn''t give me much help on calling the functions. None of them are listed in the opengl header files so how can I use them? Is there a sort of "SDK" for them that I need?

Advertisement
"global"

PFNGLACTIVETEXTUREARBPROC glActiveTextureARB = NULL;
PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD2FARBPROC glMultiTexCoord2fARB = NULL;
PFNGLCLIENTACTIVETEXTUREARBPROC glClientActiveTextureARB = NULL;

"init"

glActiveTextureARB = (PFNGLCLIENTACTIVETEXTUREARBPROC)wglGetProcAddress("glActiveTextureARB");
glMultiTexCoord2fARB = (PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD2FARBPROC)wglGetProcAddress("glMultiTexCoord2fARB");
glClientActiveTextureARB = (PFNGLACTIVETEXTUREARBPROC)wglGetProcAddress("glClientActiveTextureARB");

if (!glActiveTextureARB // !glMultiTexCoord2fARB // !glClientActiveTextureARB)
{
main_abort( "could not link multitexture functions" );
}

those "//" is logical-or, and you still need to check if the driver support multitextureing

Edited by - Claus Hansen Ries on May 14, 2000 10:38:21 AM

Guest Anonymous Poster
Thanks for that reply Claus, I didn''t post the original question but it''s exactly the info I was looking for. A note for Maitrek and others if you haven''t got this to work, I found a few problems. First you need glext.h which I searched for on yahoo it''s one of the first links yahoo gives you. Put that in your include\gl directory and include it for the function typedefs. Then the windows version of opengl32.dll doesn''t include these functions. So you may need to download opengl drivers. I got 3dfxogl.dll from 3dfx.com for my Voodoo 3 and atoglD.dll (or something similar) for my ATI card. To check that your driver supports the multitexture functions just grep one of the function names which will all appear as strings in the dll file.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!