• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jonbell

Assembler Book

This topic is 5591 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Whats the best book for learning x86 assembler in windows. I don''t want to write entire windows apps in asm what i really want it for is to drop into my existing windows games / app''s and rewrite key algorithms to make them faster. NB : Pleeeease don''t post any ''A well written C++ algorithm can be as fast as asm blah blah'' its all been said before. Cheers

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
do a google search for "Art of assembly" its a free online book. its simply the best resource for learning assembly.

I have AOA but i really wanted a printed book and i don''t want to print that off. Is there one i can buy thats any good?

AoA is HLA Assembly, not pure x86 assembly. Why the hell would you go through the extra hassle of learning that guy''s own language, when you really want to learn assembly? Don''t believe me? Go read it in the preface on his site.

quote:
AoA is HLA Assembly, not pure x86 assembly. Why the hell would you go through the extra hassle of learning that guy''s own language, when you really want to learn assembly? Don''t believe me? Go read it in the preface on his site.

Only one version is for HLA, the original is pure x86.

Guest Anonymous Poster
If you want something printed i seriously reccomend "Assembly Language For Intel-Based Computers" by Kip R.Irvin

Its a fantastic book and the authors style makes evan the most difficult subjects easy to understand.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!