ASTRA - powered by the Extatica Engine

Started by
2 comments, last by ToohrVyk 21 years, 2 months ago
A small asteroids game nicknamed "ASTRA" has just reached its alpha stage. It is being developed using my own game engine - Extatica - to 1°/ show off how good and easy-to-learn my engine is and 2°/ make sure, by using it, that it REALLY is good and easy-to-learn. You can download this 315Ko game here. So far, the engine, entirely coded in C++, features texture, mesh importing, virtual files, input control, parallel resource loading, memory management, easy development interface through the use of virtual functions, collision detection and a basic physics engine. Currently under development are the directsound-based audio engine, an improvement to the virtual file system to include ini files, and an octree space partitioning system. Once audio and octrees have been implemented, the engine will be made available for free from my web site. Hopefully enough, I''ll write some decent documentation for it too. The (C++) source code of ASTRA can be downloaded here, but it requires the engine lib and headers to compile. You can still read it, to get a feel of how the developers can interact with the engine. Hope to hear from you all soon! ToohrVyk ------------- Extatica - a free 3d game engine Available soon! Click here to learn more
Advertisement
i must say.. that was pretty cool :D look forward to seeing it become more developed.
alt-tabbing doesn''t work properly.
Epsilon : thanks! I''ll update this thread while I make progress...

AP : I just discovered that alt-tab feature on windows :-D thanks for the info, I''ll se what to do about that focus thing...

ToohrVyk
-------------
Extatica - a free 3d game engine
Available soon!
Click here to learn more

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement