• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any A.I programming examples or tutorials?

This topic is 5490 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone, I am now getting start to work the A.I part on my little program. Although I have read several articles about A.I, I still confuse on how to start working on it. Is there any A.I tutorials or programming examples for reference? I am looking one such as how to design fish wandering or schooling in the sea. Thx you very much~

Advertisement
Our great leader, Ferretbrain, has done a couple of real nice articles on flocking for the Programming Gems books and "AI Game Programming Wisdom". He''s at GameAI.com

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer
Intrinsic Algorithm -
"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

www.ai-junkie.com is a really good site to get started on AI.
I am reading through his (Mat Buckland) book (AI Techniques For Game Programming) right now; He does a very good job of explaining his concepts and keeps that math to a minimal :D!

[edited by - huntertkilla on February 2, 2003 7:27:54 PM]

Yeah, Matts book is highly recommended

----PATRIOTISM----

“Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done.
And I am Caesar.”
— Julius Caesar

BUSH vs HITLER - who´s your daddy?

Thank you very much for u all~~~

Let me check all the stuff u all given to me~~

www.generation5.org has some good articles on Artificial Life and Genetic Algoritms.

quote:
--posted by _Danneman_--

----PATRIOTISM----

“Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done.
And I am Caesar.”
— Julius Caesar

Leave this for the Lounge. AI board is no place for politics.

I don''t mind either. I like the quote. It''s not like he''s asking for a response... you don''t have to read it or click on the link.

ai-junkie.com

Yes, its just my sig - perhaps a bit large And its certainly not meant as anti all americans - there are just too many good people over there with courage to criticise their own regimes move towards totalitarianism. Both the sig and the link are pretty mindprovoking, and not just rubbish hatepropaganda, though perhaps the link´s title will cause some amerikans to switch to defensive-mode instead of reflection

Nuff said, this is the ai-forum, after all

----PATRIOTISM----

And I am Caesar.”
— Julius Caesar

quote:
Original post by InnocuousFox
Our great leader, Ferretbrain, has done a couple of real nice articles on flocking for the Programming Gems books and "AI Game Programming Wisdom". He''s at GameAI.com

Intrinsic Algorithm -

"If I can see farther, it is because I stand on the shoulders of giants."

Actually you just reminded me. There''s a bug in one of those flocking Gems I need to fix and send in to the publisher for the next revision. Minor really, but annoying nonetheless.

Ferretman

ferretman@gameai.com
www.gameai.com
From the High Mountains of Colorado

quote:
Original post by _Danneman_
(interesting .signature deleted purely in the interest of space, I swear)

As many have said it's his .sig ; I've no objection to it so long as further discussion of its meaning and whatnot goes to the Lounge. I've certainly seen stuff that's both more and less inflamatory.

Ferretman

ferretman@gameai.com
www.gameai.com
From the High Mountains of Colorado

[edited by - Ferretman on February 7, 2003 12:02:54 AM]

quote:
Original post by Ferretman

Actually you just reminded me. There's a bug in one of those flocking Gems I need to fix and send in to the publisher for the next revision. Minor really, but annoying nonetheless.

I am a reader of the Game Programming Gems 1 & 2, would u mind to tell me what's wrong in it?

Also, can u teach me how to turn on/off the "FLOCK_DEBUG" options when compling the program. Thanks a lot.

[edited by - Candy on February 9, 2003 4:15:23 AM]

Actually the game programming comunity miss , in my opinion ,a A.I. " Superbible "
"AI Techniques for Game Programming " by Mat Buckland is very good but it is focused on GA and ANN only.
I wonder wether these techniques are or can be really used on extensive basis in game programming.
On the contrary ,I can not really understand how "AI Game Programming Wisdom " can get so high scores.
This book deals with very pratical topics ( for a game programmer ) but if you concentrate 70 articles in about 400 pages how can you expect to provide real useful information?

quote:
Original post by Ferretman
Actually you just reminded me. There''s a bug in one of those flocking Gems I need to fix and send in to the publisher for the next revision. Minor really, but annoying nonetheless.

I''m actually going to be experimenting with your flocking stuff to create my weather systems that move across the map. I was originally going to use a single point with an area of effect, but I wanted a bit more to it so I am going to flock a few points together each with their own x,y, direction, radius and intensity. Each of those factors can change slightly each hour but they will be trying to stay together. Should make for some interesting effects. I can even simulate fronts by stringing a few "centers" along at relativity fixed separations. It will be like layering flocking over formations! I may want to bounce some of that off of you one day at GDC - I got the beer tab!

Intrinsic Algorithm -

• Advertisement