• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xeos

Help with Golgotha's i4

This topic is 6911 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m currently tyring to create Borland project files for Goggotha. I have come across a huge problem, and I''m wondering if anyboy can help. This first function is causing the problems. virtual i4_file_class *default_open(const i4_const_str &name, w32 flags) { i4_str *cat=new i4_str(*drive_path,drive_path->length()+name.length()+1); cat->insert(cat->end(),name); i4_file_class *fp=i4_file_class::default_open(*cat,flags); // ERROR! // creates an i4_file_class pointer (fp), which is equal to: // ip_file_class::default_open(*cat,flage); // use default_open to open file. (cat is set to path of file to open); // Therefore, this function creates a class pointer which recursively calls this function to open a file delete cat; return fp; } Now I _think_ that this is supposed to link to the following function: // returns NULL if unable to open file i4_file_class *i4_open(const i4_const_str &name, w32 flags) { for (i4_file_manager_class *m=i4_file_manager_class::first; m; m=m->next) { i4_file_class *fp=m->open(name,flags); if (fp) return fp; } return 0; } Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
So Xeos what was the solution?

I don''t have the code here, but I had to call the funtion manually.

Do you know what an I4_SCREEN_ something, which I think is used by DirectX.

Any ideas?

i looked at the golgotha''s code last summer. i figured it''s easier to just take the classes and modify them for yourself rather than using the classes that they made there. the code itself looks a bit confusing (mostly because they tried to make it cross-platform)

- pouya

I started rewriting the classes shortly after I posted!

The framework they provided is a little confusing, so I''m going to remove some of the member functions and variables. I''m also giving it OpenGL support, and making i4_make use Borland.

BIG work ahead, and pleanty of major changes. And thanks to crack.com, I don''t have to release the source :-) !!!!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!