• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hippokrates

Gentle

This topic is 5614 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I downloaded the source code of Gentle (the compiler construction kit). I also helped myself to cygwin and thus gcc. What I don`t know is how to compile gentle. So can anyone tell me how to compile gentle using gcc or whatever (MS Visual C++...). I know there is this installation manual but simply typing "build" does not work for cygwin...

Advertisement
Hm, if I type "./configure" cygwin says "No such file or directory"
Is there something I should add?
Assuming that gentle is located in "gentle-97/gentle". What will I have to type then? (in order to compile it)

quote:
Original post by Hippokrates
I know there is this installation manual

So you've followed these instructions, right?
quote:

but simply typing "build" does not work for cygwin...

How are we supposed to know what "does not work" means? Are you trying to "build" while running under the bash shell?
quote:

Assuming that gentle is located in "gentle-97/gentle". What will I have to type then? (in order to compile it)

The instructions say to make that the current directory and type "build". What happens when you try that?

[edited by - SabreMan on February 3, 2003 8:43:51 AM]

When I did this cygwin said that this was an unknown command.
But since it did not know "man" either I chose to reinstall cygwin. This time I am installing a bit more. I hope this will help...

quote:
When I did this cygwin said that this was an unknown command.
But since it did not know "man" either I chose to reinstall cygwin.

Sounds like you don''t have any paths set up. You should be able to run the "build" script by explicitly providing the path. Try "./build". I''d check out the Cygwin/Bash documentation for anything further.

quote:
How can the paths be set up then?

By reading the CygWin documentation and following the instructions. You might start here.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!