• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

inuendo1

mouse is hard

This topic is 5763 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

does anyone here use there mouse to draw at all im waiting for a tablet and its staring to piss me off would scanning be my best option or should i try to draw with a mouse

Advertisement
well, ive used regular mouse, "Drawing pad", and trackball. They all are designed to do the same thing; but they each have a different way of doing it.

The Mouse has been my choise tool because i work at many locations and just about all of them have a rat, but i have been in your place, the drawing pad seemed like the ultimate tool because of its likeness to pen and paper. It works great if the stylus is shaped right, and you can get used to the fact that you cant rposition you pointer like you can a mouse. Like this if you are tring to draw a line from the center of a page (using the mouse) and you can''t quite reach it, you simply lift the little buggar up and reposition it futher to the left and redraw the line to the desired lenth.

With a drwaing pad its kind of like battle ship, you hit the tip on a position and that is EXACTLY were it will be on the screen. The frusturating thing about this is many time while useing the drawing pad you forget that the pen is not limited to just the editing area and you click on a button, or somewhere you didn''t intend to.

But over all it is MUCH easier to draw organic shapes, and smoother designes. but to get the best of both wolrds and then some, i would have to recomend to the serious Graphics Artist the new "Tablet PC" Bill Gates recently showed off the first models at Comdex.

its the greates because the design enables you to use the screen of the PC (which is actualy a fully functional Laptop) like you would use a PDA so you get to Write on the screen! its like dream come true!

The ones ive looked at have the same specs of a last years model for about 2,000.00 USD$.

i personaly hope to get the $$$ and purchase one for our Dev Team, but like most garage dev team''s we have absolutly no fundage. But if you happen to have that kind of cache i would definatly recomend exchanging it for a tablet pc.

GL dude!

Dave G.

wow thx i have a cheap old tablet but i camt find the disks needed to install it
i might just get someone to buy it for me for a present(not wasting my £)
im still hoping to try to scan in and modify etc, im such a newb at computer art

I got myself a wacom intuos 2 for crimbo and I havent looked back... it has improved my texturing speed no end... and being able to flip straight to max and just use the ball-less laser-less mouse is brill!!! for everyone THINKING about getting one..... Its MORE than worth it!!

I did this completely with the mouse:

[edited by - Muzlack on February 3, 2003 9:28:29 AM]

[edited by - Muzlack on February 3, 2003 9:29:08 AM]

excatly see how much it sucks ( jokes )
ive kinda got it sorted if i zoom in really close i can do very small parts at a time but it looks ok yey!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!