• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outcast

Good rapid prototyping tool?

This topic is 5677 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m about to get some time on my hands, and was wanting to learn a language/toolkit that would allow me to prototype my game ideas out as fast as possible. So far I''ve looked into Dark Basic, and it looks like it might be pretty cool. I''ve also seen Blitz3D, and have thought about messing around with Flash/Shockwave. I know C++ and basic Open GL. I''ve experimented with VB before, but I don''t believe it will be as fast as I want, and still requires a pretty decent knowledge of DirectX, which I do not possess (although I''m going to be learning). I know python and might just look into PyGL. Still Dark Basic Pro. supposedly has BSP built into it, as well as other standard stuff that I wouldn''t have to code. Suggestions?

Advertisement
This guy seems to think Dark Basic is a good prototyping option. While I have no experience with it, you should probably give it a try.

[edited by - Buzzy on February 3, 2003 3:12:15 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!