• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hierarchical Transforms

This topic is 5499 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I''m having problems with hierarchical transforms in direct x. Does anyone have any really clean tutorials with this, using the Direct X matrix stack feature (ID3DXMatrixStack)? Do you know any good sites that represent this well? Thanks.

Advertisement
yes, but that doesn''t use the hierarchical transforms. The stack isn''t implemented in that tutorial.

well, both of them work together, correct? If you make the hierarchical transformation tree, you need someway to push/pop the matrices from the tree. I need help on the implementation for the actual transformation tree, and where to put the stack operations.

Well, as long as you''re comfortable with the basic concepts, you call ID3DXMatrixStack:ush, apply the child transform to the top of the stack with one of the ID3DXMatrixStack methods, and when you''re done with that joint you call ID3DXMatrixStack:op.

That''s not much of a tutorial, but I''m just not aware of any tutorials on this subject.

Is there anyway I can talk to you in IRC or another chat program? I''ll be on west.gamesnet.net, channel: sublimit. That would be tremendously helpful. Thanks.

• Advertisement