3D Exploration

Started by
33 comments, last by Kelvin Big 23 years, 11 months ago
Just wondering about this Sample App some of you refered to. I`ve been using 3d Exploration and can`t seem to find any Sample app. Maybe I have an older version or I`m picking you up wrong and it does`nt come with any.
Advertisement
Hi Oz,

It may have been me who caused the confusion. When I mentioned sample app, I was refering to one of the three options offered when exporting the object as C++ OGL code.

Actually it could serve the purpose of a sample app because it does produce a complete app when you load your model and choose the Sample App option.

By the way, if you are interested in using 3dExploration, I did find a way to work around the problem I was having - getting a Illegalt Operation Error whenever the specified bit map used for the texture was present in the project folder. That does sound strange but perhaps my earlier posts wil clarify it.

Anyway, The way I got it to work was by commenting out one If statement, so obviously this is not the correct way to "fix" it. It does work though and actually seems to me to be a great tool.

I have requested help from xdSoft, so maybe they will give us the correct fix.

Thanks
Karl

karl@hsnp.com

KarlFisher
KarlFisher
I''m having a similar problem with assertion errors and such, but with a custom file format I wrote. It works fine on my Mac, but windows just crashes when trying to load my images, it says it can''t find them, but they''re right there. Help from MSDN CD says the problem is that is not included in the project, but it is. If anybody has found a solution, please pass it along my way too.

Morgan
Hi Morgan,

You may be experiencing a different problem from mine. My problem was if the Bitmap file that i specified in the program did exist in the project folder, I would receive a Illegal Operation immediately when I ran my App. If I removed the file, my App would run, but of course no texture was rendered.

A temporary work around to see if the rest of the 3dExploration program would work otherwise, I commented out
the folling statement:

if((readed==sizeof(BITMAPFILEHEADER)) && (bmfh.bfType==''BM''))

That got the textures workinhg OK.

Please let me know if that is what works for you.

Thanks Karl

karl@hsnp.com

KarlFisher
KarlFisher
Nevermind. Fixed my code, thanks anyway!

Morgan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement