Where are the books?

Started by
2 comments, last by Antony52 21 years, 2 months ago
I wonder where the books are that talk about C# and DX 9.At least some online tutorials.Why is that?Do you know of any books or tutorials?
Advertisement
because there is probably no market for such a book. If you want to develop games you are best of knowing the C++ language. If you want to develop games in C# you probably allready know how to program in C# and you only have to find out how to do game development. There is a whole host of books that you should read to become an average (game) programmer and you need a few years experience to become a good game programmer. Studying the DirectX SDK docs is a start.
I have 2 really really really basic C#/DX9 tutorials at my site in my sig. But I doubt Ill do anymore. But I wouldnt mind someone else doing some and ill put it up then.

:::: [ Triple Buffer V2.0 ] ::::
[size=2]aliak.net
sysmark -

That's like saying, you know C++, go study the DX SDK docs. Coding games in C# is quite a bit different than C++. It would be nice to have a book on it. And C# IS a viable solution for games.

As for Antony52, give it some time. DX9 is very new (especially for a whole book to be written about it). Wait a while and you will probably start seeing books about it.

--
Before I couldn't spell engineer, now I are one!

[edited by - ShockBoy on February 3, 2003 11:28:05 AM]
--Before I couldn't spell engineer, now I are one!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement