• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Antony52

Where are the books?

This topic is 5672 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wonder where the books are that talk about C# and DX 9.At least some online tutorials.Why is that?Do you know of any books or tutorials?

Advertisement
because there is probably no market for such a book. If you want to develop games you are best of knowing the C++ language. If you want to develop games in C# you probably allready know how to program in C# and you only have to find out how to do game development. There is a whole host of books that you should read to become an average (game) programmer and you need a few years experience to become a good game programmer. Studying the DirectX SDK docs is a start.

I have 2 really really really basic C#/DX9 tutorials at my site in my sig. But I doubt Ill do anymore. But I wouldnt mind someone else doing some and ill put it up then.

:::: [ Triple Buffer V2.0 ] ::::

sysmark -

That's like saying, you know C++, go study the DX SDK docs. Coding games in C# is quite a bit different than C++. It would be nice to have a book on it. And C# IS a viable solution for games.

As for Antony52, give it some time. DX9 is very new (especially for a whole book to be written about it). Wait a while and you will probably start seeing books about it.

--
Before I couldn't spell engineer, now I are one!

[edited by - ShockBoy on February 3, 2003 11:28:05 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!