Worst games of the 20th century

Started by
122 comments, last by Magic Card 23 years, 6 months ago
Hmmmm...I''d have to say Ogre battle...I mean what the fuck is that?

I have many games, but I don''t have them in mind right now.

trust me
-Bloodat
trust me
Advertisement
Man this thread is old... but:

#1 Ogre Battle was cool.

#2 Man, all you guys are going thru the "popular" games and trying to sound all elite and different by nit-picking them. I guess I could understand if this was "Games you hate but everyoen else liked" type of thing, but COME ON. You people that are saying you didnt games like Starcraft or Quake probably having played them for more than 20 minutes. Because Quake 1 didnt have a good plot means its the worse game of the centuary? please.

The sad thing is, is that most of us (myself included) have made shittier games than the ones listed here. And Im always getting the feeling most of us (again, me to) havent gotten past it either. So shut your pie holes.

---------------
http://ratfest.org
My top 5 worst games -

1. Treasure Island Dizzy (Spectrum), took the first two Dizzy games, extracted a gameplay formula and applied it badly for the next few games.
2. X-Com Apocalypse (PC), Tried to add real-time features to a turn-based game with horrific results.
3. Populous 2 (PC), Tried to add too much after the success of Polpulous and made it too fiddly.
4. Seventh Guest (PC), Interactive movie, hmmm.
5. Monkey Island 3 (Curse of?) (PC), Too many cartoony bits, too many set pieces, reminded me of the old Dragon's Lair laserdisc. The humour wasn't as funny or clever as the first two games, which I have played far too many times to be good for me.

These are two things I've noticed from my list. Firstly I expect a _lot_ from a sequel and there are very few games that live up to their original. Secondly, and also to do with sequels, Adding a hi-res option too the same engine is not often a good thing. It only serves to highlight the flaws. The first thing I thought when I ran GLQuake, after playing software quake for ages was 'The world looks like it's made of cardboard panels...'

Edited by - danbrown on October 15, 2000 8:28:31 PM

Dan

Thread''s now closed to prevent anyone digging this old troll up again.

People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement