• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Plasma, fire, water, etc.

This topic is 5492 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm looking into doing some neat particle and shader effects, and, having put together the particle emitter code and stuff, I'm now looking for the images I'll use to make the effects. I want to create textures for things like fire, weapon flares, plasma and water, but I don't really know where to start. I've never been brilliant at creating textures, but I'm now coming to the point where I need some decent textures to add that extra "hot damn" factor to my demo engine. By the way, when I talk about shaders, I don't mean pixel or vertex shaders, I mean Quake III style shaders, where a shading language is used. Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial or paper on making organic, perhaps random textures? Thanks in advance for any replies...

Coding Stuff ->  [ iNsAn1tY Games | DarkVertex | How To Do CSG | Direct3D Vs. OpenGL | Google ]
Fun Stuff    ->  [ Evil T-Shirts | Stick-Based Comedy | You're Already Here | The Best Film Reviews ]
[edited by - iNsAn1tY on February 6, 2003 7:38:34 PM]

Advertisement

• Advertisement