• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stew

dehelp page fault with choosepixelformat(...)

This topic is 5668 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, Whenever I compile and run an OGL program under windows it works fine the first time but if I try and run it again (or any other OGL program) I get the following... DDHELP.dll caused an invalid page fault in model NVDD32.DLL... I know ddhelp is the directdraw helper dll and nbdd32 is the nvidia driver so I have tried reinstalling drivers which didn''t help. I recently had to get a new HD and reinstall everything...still no good. The problem occurs for any OGL program, be it one I downloaded from the tutes here, an example from MS or Borland (I''m using CBuilder but it does the same under visual c 6/7) or my own. I traced a number of different code examples and the problem occurs with the ChoosePixelFormat(...) function. As I said it is with any code so I don''t think it is a problem where I have forgotten to call GetDC etc. Anyway, if anyone else has had a similar problem and has found a solution please help! I really don''t want to go back to dx9 again Thanks Stewart

Advertisement
Me again, sorry I forgot to mention that it only started to occur after I installed the nvidia detonator drivers 3x.xx something about a year or so ago. I have all the latest drivers now but still the same trouble.

Could it be something to do with OGL 1.2+ I think it was around the nvidia 3x.xx driver that they included 1.2?

Thanks again

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!