• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gepper

OpenGl + Borland C++ Builder + Fullscreen

This topic is 6916 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I got windowed mode to work fine in borland, but how would i do to set it fullscreen? Cheers, Gepper

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
The way most people set to fullscreen with opengl sucks my ass so if you really want to do fullscreen. They normally use a win32api call called ChangeDisplaySettings. This call does not work well so don''t use it. Try mixing directdraw calls with opengl and get all the DC''s and stuff.
Believe me, this has been done.

Yes, that was the advice i got so far. Making the window borderless and setting it''s dimensions to the desktop size. _Not_ a good idea IMO. glSetDisplayMode <-- where do you find this function??

Any more tips?

Gepper

Iceman:
Yes, but NeHe uses the windows API, Borland C++ Builder uses the vcl library. An example for BCB would be nice..

Gepper

Hello there,
i always use ChangeDisplaySettings with the CDS_FULLSCREEN flag and dont have any problems in c++builder also to get fullscreen just maximize a window with borderstyle = bsnone and the 3dfx logo should come up if using a 3dfx card.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!