• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Screenshot of my engine

This topic is 5486 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Take a look at my engine. I posted a previous screenshot in here about three months ago. Just to let you guys know there has been progress...

* the link is a 1MB jpg. Dial-uppers beware! ---- www.Killer77.com. [edited by - Ðragun on February 7, 2003 2:56:51 AM]

Advertisement
Looks the goods. I only looked at the top half though, I''m a dial-upper.

''Your theory of a donut shaped universe is intriguing Homer'' - Stephen Hawking

What kind of game are you developing? (I can''t visit your site at school because of its address name - the word "killer" is banned lol).

The game is going to be a real time strategy set in the Three Kingdoms era, sorta like Seven Kingdoms and Age of Empires. As for the artwork, I do them myself actually. It''s a slower process but only I can put up with my anal self.

The tiles are hexagonal, did you mean for the map to look like it does, with the hexagonal borders? I don''t think the graphics look bad I just didn''t really find the borders very natural.

But, the first shot I saw of it reminded me of Tropico.

Yes, the hexagonal edge of the map is intentional. It''s really not that noticable when it''s at 100% zoom but I guess everyone has their own taste in graphics.

Did you consider painting some border hex tiles to help them blend in less harshly? Like paint half the tile in sand and the other half in water...Because it would just look more natural.

Hmm...I''ll probably just make the map bigger and just limit the user to only the rectangular portion of the map. Thanks for the ideas.

• Advertisement