Good Assembly Book

Started by
4 comments, last by av 21 years, 2 months ago
I wonder if any of u could suggest any good book on assembly programming for a complete beginner in assembly. ?? G-A-M-I-N-G (Tht''s how u spell LIFE) !!
G-A-M-I-N-G (Tht's how u spell LIFE) !!
Advertisement
Assembly Language for Intel-based Computers by Kip R. Irvine ISBN: 0130910139 is a good one imo.

Ballistic Programs

''PC Assembly Language'' by Paul A. Carter is available on pdf.
Link: http://www.drpaulcarter.com/pcasm/

Edo
Edo
I have this one:

The 80X86 IBM PC and Compatible Computers: Volumes I & II : Assembly Language, Design, and Interfacing

ISBN: 0130165689

I have not finished yet but it looks nice.
Lo,

Can anyone recommend/give me an url of a good ASM compiler?

Thanks in Advance...

CoiN
Assembly Language for Intel-Based computers is a horrible book. I''m currently using it for the CS2011 course (Introduction to Machine Organization and Computer Assembly Language) I''m taking. The problem with the book is that Mr. Irvine graciously included for us libraries he created and include files for input/output and stuff like that. I really dislike this method because the student (me) does not learn to write their own input/output routines. Other than that, the book isn''t terribly bad and does come with MASM 6.15.
You can also get MASM from msdn.microsoft.com look for the Visual C Processor Pack (which if you don''t have Visual Studio can be installed by right-clicking on it and just extracting it instead of running the installer). If you have Visual Studio .NET you have MASM 7.0 in %visual studio root%\vc7\bin\ml.exe. You can also buy Turbo Assembler from Borland.

-- Exitus Acta Probat --

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement