• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PookySam

D3DXFont Clipping/Scrolling off screen

This topic is 5732 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''m having some trouble just getting some text to scroll along the bottom of the screen. It scrolls on to the screen from the right hand side and should dissapear off the left. Scrolling onto the screen is fine as the text starts drawing at an x position of 640 (i.e the edge of my screen) and this x value is then decreased so the text appears and scrolls along the bottom of the screen. However when it reaches the other side (i.e x position of 0) all the text is visible. Decrementing the x value further causes the text to either completely dissapear or dissapear in large blocks. I''d imagine this is because I''m attempting to draw to a non existant part of the screen. I''m getting a LOGFONT and then doing a D3DXCreateFontIndirect. Does anyone know how I can get this screen to scroll off the screen in the same way it scrolls on? Thanks in advance for all your help! Sam.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!