• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OpenGL text on screen

This topic is 5492 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have a little problem. I try to make a simple program in OpenGL. For displaying the text I need 2 types of fonts. Therefor I''ve made this peice of code: GLuint base; GLvoid glPrintf(const char *fmt, ...) // Custom GL "Print" Routine { char text[256]; // Holds Our String va_list ap; // Pointer To List Of Arguments if (fmt == NULL) // If There''s No Text return; // Do Nothing va_start(ap, fmt); // Parses The String For Variables vsprintf(text, fmt, ap); // And Converts Symbols To Actual Numbers va_end(ap); // Results Are Stored In Text glPushAttrib(GL_LIST_BIT); // Pushes The Display List Bits glListBase(base - 256); // Sets The Base Character to 32 glCallLists(strlen(text), GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, text); // Draws The Display List Text glPopAttrib(); // Pops The Display List Bits } GLvoid glPrint(const char *fmt, ...) // Custom GL "Print" Routine { char text[256]; // Holds Our String va_list ap; // Pointer To List Of Arguments if (fmt == NULL) // If There''s No Text return; // Do Nothing va_start(ap, fmt); // Parses The String For Variables vsprintf(text, fmt, ap); // And Converts Symbols To Actual Numbers va_end(ap); // Results Are Stored In Text glPushAttrib(GL_LIST_BIT); // Pushes The Display List Bits glListBase(base); // Sets The Base Character to 32 glCallLists(strlen(text), GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, text); // Draws The Display List Text glPopAttrib(); // Pops The Display List Bits } GLvoid BuildFont(GLvoid) // Build Our Bitmap Font { HFONT font; // Windows Font ID HFONT oldfont; // Used For Good House Keeping base = glGenLists(512); // Storage For 96 Characters font = CreateFont( -30, // Height Of Font 0, // Width Of Font 0, // Angle Of Escapement 0, // Orientation Angle FW_BOLD, // Font Weight FALSE, // Italic FALSE, // Underline FALSE, // Strikeout ANSI_CHARSET, // Character Set Identifier OUT_TT_PRECIS, // Output Precision CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS, // Clipping Precision ANTIALIASED_QUALITY, // Output Quality FF_DONTCARE|DEFAULT_PITCH, // Family And Pitch "Courier New"); // Font Name oldfont = (HFONT)SelectObject(hDC, font); // Selects The Font We Want wglUseFontBitmaps(hDC, 0, 255, base); // Builds 96 Characters Starting At Character 32 font = CreateFont( -14, // Height Of Font 0, // Width Of Font 0, // Angle Of Escapement 0, // Orientation Angle FW_BOLD, // Font Weight FALSE, // Italic FALSE, // Underline FALSE, // Strikeout ANSI_CHARSET, // Character Set Identifier OUT_TT_PRECIS, // Output Precision CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS, // Clipping Precision ANTIALIASED_QUALITY, // Output Quality FF_DONTCARE|DEFAULT_PITCH, // Family And Pitch "Courier New"); // Font Name (HFONT)SelectObject(hDC, font); // Selects The Font We Want wglUseFontBitmaps(hDC, 256, 255, base); // Builds 96 Characters Starting At Character 32 SelectObject(hDC, oldfont); // Selects The Font We Want DeleteObject(font); // Delete The Font } The glPrint()-function works, but the glPrintf() not. Could you tell me why? Thanks

Advertisement
glListBase(base - 256); // Sets The Base Character to 32
glListBase(base); // Sets The Base Character to 32

what''s the meaning of that -256? in "glPrintf".

Now, to get the right font is I would use just base, ther will appear the same font as in glPrint

• Advertisement