QueryInterface()

Started by
3 comments, last by Crispy 21 years, 2 months ago
Hi, what can cause IID_IDirectSoundBuffer to succeed, but IID_IDirectSoundBuffer8 to fail (return E_NOINTERFACE) in exactly the same conditions? Thanks, Crispy
"Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
Advertisement
debug runtime will probably tell you.
Okay, solved the problem - I was trying to acquire the interface at a wrong time... and on a wrong buffer

I installed the debug runtime - where can I see extended info on my program - DXGetErrorString8() still only returns the name of the error.

Crispy
"Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
If you''re using Visual C++ you can just press F5 to Debug your app and you''ll see extra output in the Debug pane.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
Aha the debug pane - the one thing I''m not accustomed to use. Besides, my BC5.02 debugger terminates prematurely on this project (doesn''t halt at breakpoints or anything). And I don''t have VC. Oh well - I''m used to doing it the hard way

Another question regarding DirectSound, though: 3D virtualization works well on my Live!, but doesn''t seem to be working at all on an AWE32. Is it because DSound doesn''t revert to software virtualization if needed and the card doesn''t support it in hardware, or do I have to enable it (software virtualization) explicitly if it isn''t available in hardware?

Crispy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement