• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

havoc_2003

building Tutorial 1

This topic is 5758 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project ''Lesson2 - Win32 Debug''. --------------------Configuration: Lesson2 - Win32 Debug-------------------- Compiling... Lesson2.cpp Linking... LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main Debug/Lesson2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. Lesson2.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) i keep getting this message when i try to build the program. i already linked the opengl files. im using VC++ 6.0. any help will be appreciated.

Advertisement
I´m not sure, but do you have the right project-type? If you use main as starting function then you need a console-application as project type, if you are using some type of WinMain then you´ll need win32 application...

Try i don´t know where did you get the code, but in the file Lesson2.cpp, try creating a "int main()" function and call the WinMain function (if any)

Maybe like this

int main()
{
return WinMain(bla bla bla bla...);
}

If God with me, Who against me?

Guest Anonymous Poster
It seems that there is a linking problem with the library you are trying to use. make sure you have inlcuded the proper directories of the libs in the tools->options->directories as well as under project->settings->link

As Gorath said, you''ve created a Console application rather than a Win32 application.

The 5th paragraph in Tutorial 1 specifically says to create "a new Win32 Application (NOT a console application)".

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!