• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cold_Steel

Advanced Real-time graphics books?

This topic is 5764 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Could anyone recommend a good book for advanced computer graphics. I''m looking for a book that has algorithms, formulas, etc. and a decent explanation of what''s going on. I don''t really care if it has any code, just the algorithms would be fine, though demos are always nice. I understand linear algebra, calculus, trig, etc, so I don''t want anything that has 100 pages worth of math primer like all too many books have. I wouldn''t mind if it had a linear algebra or calculus reference section though for formulas and the like. I really should go get a good linear albegra reference text though. Any suggestions for a good graphics books would be great. Thanks a bunch. ________________________ Grab your sword, and get prepared for the SolidSteel RPG engine, coming soon...(i.e. when it''s done)

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Real Time Rendering 1 and 2 are pretty decent for an overview of how things are done. 3d Game engine design has alot implementations of these 3d techniques. And game gems 1 and 2 have some code implementations of various things. If your into the graphics end of things then look for the graphics gems series of books. They are old but alot of the techniques are still in use today.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Real Time Rendering 1 and 2 are pretty decent for an overview of how things are done. 3d Game engine design has alot implementations of these 3d techniques. And game gems 1 and 2 have some code implementations of various things. If your into the graphics end of things then look for the graphics gems series of books. They are old but alot of the techniques are still in use today.

If your just looking for theories then go with the Real Time Rendering books. They''ve got alot of good information in them but don''t expect anything but pseudo code.

I recently got a Level Of Detail book that I haven''t finished reading through yet, but it would fit your needs. It is similar to the realtime rendering books.

The newest stuff can be found at ATI''s and nVidia''s developer pages. You might also want to spent some time looking through various books in a good book store. There are many good theoretical books, but they all cover different chunks and they all have different levels of readability. If you can, your best bet is to see which one best fits your particular needs. Real Time Rendering is good, as is Advanced Animation and Rendering (Watt&Watt).

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!