• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aker_jus

MS3D rendering problem

This topic is 5731 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Today I started a static MS3D loader/renderer for my engine, but I ran into a problem. here is the screenshot of the problem, the model is *supposed* to be a sphere. [url]http://www.y3knetwork.com/rendertech/problem.jpg[/url] I based my code on the NeXe ms3d loader, but removed the extra things for ProcessVertices and SpawnVertexBuffer, as I use my own AddVertex method for adding vertices to a VB. The model loads fine, here is my "filling" code.
	bool		bNewGroup=false;

for (i=0; i.numtriangles; j++)
		{
			for (int k=0; k<3; k++)
			{
				AddVertex (Vec3(pVertices[pTriangles[pGroups[i].triangleIndices[j]].vertexIndices[k]].vertex[0],
								pVertices[pTriangles[pGroups[i].triangleIndices[j]].vertexIndices[k]].vertex[1],
								-pVertices[pTriangles[pGroups[i].triangleIndices[j]].vertexIndices[k]].vertex[2]),
						Vec3(pTriangles[pGroups[i].triangleIndices[j]].vertexNormals[k][0],
								pTriangles[pGroups[i].triangleIndices[j]].vertexNormals[k][1],
								pTriangles[pGroups[i].triangleIndices[j]].vertexNormals[k][2]),
							pTriangles[pGroups[i].triangleIndices[j]].s[k],
							pTriangles[pGroups[i].triangleIndices[j]].t[k],

bNewGroup);

bNewGroup = false;
			}
		}
		bNewGroup = true;
		EndVertices();
	}

I believe the problem is the difference between Nexe''s code and mine in this spot. Creating the vertex. I have not changed the loop, it is the same, but the vertex filling is changed. Here is Nexes:
pBufferMemory[j*3 + k].Create(pVertices[pTriangles[pMSFileGroups[i].triangleIndices[j]].vertexIndices[k]].vertex[0],
											pVertices[pTriangles[pMSFileGroups[i].triangleIndices[j]].vertexIndices[k]].vertex[1],
											-pVertices[pTriangles[pMSFileGroups[i].triangleIndices[j]].vertexIndices[k]].vertex[2],
											pTriangles[pMSFileGroups[i].triangleIndices[j]].vertexNormals[k][0],
											pTriangles[pMSFileGroups[i].triangleIndices[j]].vertexNormals[k][1],
											pTriangles[pMSFileGroups[i].triangleIndices[j]].vertexNormals[k][2],
											pTriangles[pMSFileGroups[i].triangleIndices[j]].s[k],
											pTriangles[pMSFileGroups[i].triangleIndices[j]].t[k]);

He doesnt increcement his array index by one, but by j*3 + k.. Why is this, can someone explain it? I am not using IndexedPrimitives and triangle lists are used. Thanks a lot!

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!