Media Package

Started by
6 comments, last by Sage13 21 years, 2 months ago
Hi Everyone, I would like to get some general comments and feedback on our rough media package. This package is being presented and promoted at the Mega Con convention in Florida, Feb 23rd 2003. It is our goal to pitch the Intellectual Property to perspective publishers. Honest Feedback would be appreciated. X² Media Package Thanks -Kasan Wright Liquid Moon Team X2: Official Site
Advertisement
Are you trying to sell the rights to a completed game or simply the game concept? In the case of the former, I don''t see any information on the state of the game''s development. I want to know more about the game''s features, what new concepts it presents, how and why it is different from other games in the same genre, and some technical specifications. If the game is not yet completed and you hope for a grant from a publisher, you need to include information about the development process. How much time will it take to complete the game? How many upfront costs do you have to cover (and what are they)? The list could go on and on. Please give us a more specific idea of what you are trying to sello to the publishers so that we can help you out better.

Alexander McAndrew
pcgamesforyou.com, LLC
http://www.pcgamesforyou.com
--------------------Help Needed!Turn-based 20th century strategy wargameTitle still to be determined
Hi Alexander McAndrew

Thanks for responding.

We have 2 main media packages in the works; one for the Mega Con and one for E3. This media pack is designed to introduce the intellectual property, "X²: In A Land Called Seda..." itself. The target audiences are comic book, animation, and low-level game publishers who visit Mega Con. We hope to get our name out there and possible spark interest in publishers who pick up independent projects annually.

The E3 package however is completely focused on the concept pitch package that a game developer would create for a publisher. It has all the specifics about the game. I will be posting that for feedback later.

thanks

-Kasan Wright
I like the package, but think it may be a bit shy on the business side of things. I think if you''re trying to sell fans you won''t have a problem, as there is always a hunger for this type of subject matter.

What platforms, what audience, what target market, what will make the game different from others, what will be the same? What stage of development, how much longer to finish, how much in terms of estimated costs, what costs incurred so far, etc.

I think you have a very good framework, though. The material is well organized, and if I were you I would merely plug in the above materials into a "business model" (or something similar sounding) section in the front part of the presentation (after "the team", but before "the story").

Hope thats what you were looking for, Good luck!
Questions about my post? You can email me at ahill@loah.biz.
Thanks Adam.

We''ve decided to add a product sheet or brochure along with the media package.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

-Kasan
Hey Kasan,

I had a look through your package. Here are a few comments:

* your artists are fantastic and have really great abilities. But you are only making a 2-D game when you have all of these fantastics characters and backgrounds.

* The page numbers are wrong, well the links to the page numbers at the top are different to the page numbers on the document. I know its picky, but i still noticed.

* What platform is the game for? How many levels, characters. Whats the hook of the game? What makes it different from other games in this genre?

* I think the document is way too long. Publishers receive loads of proposals, they dont want to have to read through 20 pages of story stuff. Just give them the basics. 2-3 pages is good, then if they are interested you can give them more information.

Good luck!!!
How long do you plan for this game to be in development?

Ibuku
simusoft.com
Firstly, thanks for your suggestions and comments . Now on to questions.

magpiemick:

* What platform is the game for? How many levels, characters. What’s the hook of the game? What makes it different from other games in this genre?

We have just added an extra page to the back of the introduction page to address these questions. Our initial goal was simply to introduce the names X², Seda, and Liquid Moon to the comic, anime community. But I do think that it is important to mention the key elements you have listed.

We have already gathered many professional media packs from games such as Square Soft''s Kingdom Hearts and Konami''s Metal Gear Solid. We are using some of these to base our E3 media package off of for the next show. Now we see how a media pack is properly formatted and presented.

* I think the document is way too long. Publishers receive loads of proposals, they don’t want to have to read through 20 pages of story stuff. Just give them the basics. 2-3 pages is good, then if they are interested you can give them more information.

Yes, I agree. For those who are actually interested we will have the media packs on hand to review. For the walk-by we will be giving out the product sheets which is a two-sided laminated paper covering all the important aspects of the game (minus the story).

Ibuku

How long do you plan for this game to be in development?

Our Deadline for the one stage demo and the game engine is set for August 15th 2003. The engine will actually be done in April based upon our recent progress. From there we will seek support in helping our team to make the complete game for the PC. We have also obtained a deal to produce the game using the resources from the A.I. CDIS facility based on the fact that it would qualify as a work experience for the students involved.

With this, funding would be only needed for the marketing, distribution, and business aspects of the game''s development.

I think we have learned a lot from just assembling this package and have already begun to plan for the E3 version based off of all the feedback we have received.

Thanks again to everyone who gave their input!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement