[java] www.javage.net

Started by
5 comments, last by Jiim 21 years ago
Firstly, I am the guy running www.javage.net. In roughly a month this site will disappear, so if you need anything off it, can I suggest that you do it within the next month or so? I''ve had a lot of positive feedback from various people about this site, I know that some people from these forums visit it every now and again, sorry for the lack of updates recently. Since I created the site I''ve been taken over to C++, and am planning to create a new site with C++ tutorials. However, since I have had so much positive feedback about the tutorials I am planning to keep them up somewhere, I feel it would be a shame for them not to feature somewhere! Now, ideally, I would like my new site to feature both C++ and Java tutorials, but this would mean both aspects would need regular updates. Despite my best intentions, I don''t think I will be doing many more Java tutorials. So, I am looking for someone, or a few people to help with this aspect. How much you do is up to you, if you just want to do a tutorial once in a blue moon, that''s fine. Or, if you want to take overall charge for the whole Java section, that''s fine as well. Or, if you want to do something in the middle, that''s fine. I am very flexible on exactly what you would do, and am open to any suggestions. I feel that the contents at the moment are a good base for the site to go in any number of directions, be that sticking with 2D, moving to 3D, J2ME, doing something with GL4Java, whatever you want almost! If you are interested, contact me at webmaster@javage.net. Writing tutorials is harder than it looks, if you haven''t done this kind of thing before, that isn''t a problem, I would help as much as I could, I am sure we would be able to come up with something. I wouldn''t mind someone doing some artwork for the site either!! I ''ve got not patience with the aesthetics of websites, can you tell? Thanks for reading! Jiim Jonez
Advertisement
greetz,

i am the webmaster of Nomad Programming at:

http://nomad.openglforums.com

and was going to start a new section in my site for tutorials written by other people. since you say that your site will be out, can i host your tutorials instead? rest assured, full credit will be given to you as the author (i will have to change the design, etc. of the page, not the text itself...)

i hope i get a ''yes'' answer....

thanks.

nomad | nomad forum
I''m sorry to see javage go Jiim, its a nice site with some really excellent content but I too have moved to C++. I know writing tutes is a difficult thing to do (I have half of a tetris applet tute on my hard drive somewhere) It would be a shame for your stuff to disappear. Its sad to see Java game dev fizzling out like it has been for the past year or so. Theres not even much activity over at javagaming.org anymore. Oh well, times change and all.

Let us know when the new site is up.
I''d say that right now there is more activity at javagaming.org than there has been in a while, particularly with regard to the new OpenGL library. Are we talking about the same site?
Star Dart - Java Multiplayer Space Combat at http://www.stardart.net/
Someone has come forward who has shown an interest in writing tutorials for the new site. But I''ve decided that regardless of what happens they will appear on my new site.

Regardless, thank you Nomad for your offer, I shall bear it in mind for the future but I won''t be taking you up on your offer.

If anyone else has an interest in writing tutorials, contact me and we''ll take it from there!

Jiim Jonez.
>But I''ve decided that regardless of what happens they will appear on my new site.

oh thats nice

i was already afraid, that *we* gonna loose em.

btw i really like your tuts... had read most of em yesterday and learned much stuff.

//oNyx (yea i''m to lazy to register) :>
Hello again!

OK, I''ve now got the new site up and running, it is now at www.develop-games.com.

All the java tutorials from www.javage.net are up there and a brand new, never seen before tutorial on particle systems, kindly written by Wrathnut.

I''ve also written a load of C++/DirectX tutorials, which aren''t complete yet, but I don''t suppose that will be of much interest to Java programmers!!
There are plans to expand in to Maths and Physics, this will of course be language-independant.

Anyway, thanks for reading again!
Jiim.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement