• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lcgabell

AGP and PCI

This topic is 6911 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings, My friend and I wrote a side-scroller. It displays all the colors correctly when outputed from an PCI video card. But, when using a agp based solution, the graphics seem to revert to a low distorted color resolution. The two agp cards I tried it on are: Voodoo3 3000, and Viper V770 Ultra. Both have the same problem. Voodoo2 PCI (SLI or other) seem to work fine when in conjuntion with a 2D agp card... hmmm. E-mail me at lcgabell@syr.edu if you have any ideas. I would also be willing to send source code if needed.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Are you running in 16 bit color mode? If so are you accounting for the possibility that some cards run 656 while others are 555? If not this could be where you are running into the distorted color instead of it being a agp vs pci problem which seems highly unlikely to be the problem

Hmmm... I looked into your suggestion.. I will continue to investigate it. However, the graphics being displayed really look like 8-bit instead of the normal 16-bit color graphics. I am perplexed as to why there is a distortion and a severe overall graphic quality degredation.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!