• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's not a game...

This topic is 5431 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I''ve written a quit smoking app/meter/companion in my days off coding my game. I have a problem, in that, on the 2 XP machines I have run it on, the fonts did not size correctly. I''m trying to get some help, but I need a screenshot of the fonts on an XP machine (I only run W98). I would be grateful if someone with XP, could download the app, run it, and send me a screenshot of the error. The app is here My email is reaction@optionalreaction.net Also, I have not seen it at all on a 2000 machine. If someone could help me here too, I would be grateful. Also also, if someone could tell me why it''s happenning at all, I would buy them a beer. Thanx, Keith
>OptionalReaction
I have answered my own question many times

Advertisement
Since you are not posting code i can assume you are doing a text using a default size , try to use a custom font explicity declared and sized , using the parameter tha comes with the api member, maybe that is the glitch ....
sorry for my english

Sorry, I should have posted some code... I''m creating the font like this ...

mp.hDC = CreateDC("DISPLAY", NULL, NULL, NULL);

mp.hFont = CreateFont(-MulDiv(8, GetDeviceCaps(mp.hDC, LOGPIXELSY), 72),
0,0,0,FW_EXTRABOLD,
FALSE,
FALSE,
FALSE,
ANSI_CHARSET,
OUT_TT_ONLY_PRECIS,
CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS,
PROOF_QUALITY,
VARIABLE_PITCH | FF_DONTCARE,
"Tahoma");

... this code, from MSDN, should adjust the font to the current DISPLAY DC ...

-MulDiv(8, GetDeviceCaps(mp.hDC, LOGPIXELSY), 72)

... but it dosn''t appear to work.

Keith

>OptionalReaction

it should work, try to remove the muldiv and force to a known value , then retest the code, plus, there are 4 parameters that can set the size both in x and y direction for the font to be displayed, remove the muldiv, set to a value and try different caling values, i always use this method and it works for me.
byez

Thanks, v71,

I made the mods, and have uploaded a test version.

MSDN did say that the MulDiv is for MM_TEXT mapping mode, whatever that is, I think this may have been my bad.

EDIT: The latest version is here if anyone has time to do a test on XP/2K, again, I would be grateful.

R

>OptionalReaction

[edited by - reaction on February 8, 2003 8:32:17 PM]

[edited by - reaction on February 14, 2003 12:20:07 PM]

Hi,

I managed to get to a XP machine today, and with the alterations v71 suggested, the problems is the same...

XP

If anyone knows any other way of fixing this ...

Keith

>OptionalReaction

FIX: basically a code rewrite, moving the location and timing of font creation fixed the problem.

It could have been something to do with the speed of the machine (and thread startup time).

R

• Advertisement