what vendors supports GL_ARB_fragment_shader ?

Started by
5 comments, last by Electron 21 years, 2 months ago
I''ve looked up the syntax on the ARB fragment shader languages, as described in my earlier post, and i must say: I LOVE IT!! My only thought was that with this, i can be king of the world! There is nothing i can''t do, and nobody can stop me!!! ..But then i came back to reality and saw that my Radeon 9000 didn''t support the ARB fragment shader... So, i''m wondering, Is ther any vendor out there that supports it, or does everybody stick to themselves developing dozens of different implementations and never listen to eachother? (I glanced at the GL_ATI_fragment_shader and.. YUCK!!) Electron

"The truth can be changed simply by the way you accept it."

--Electron"The truth can be changed simply by the way you accept it.""'General failure trying to read from file' - who is General Failure, and why is he reading my file??"
Advertisement
ATIs 9500 and 9700 support the extension. nVidia only supports it in hardware on the new GeforceFX.

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~univ1234
There's ATI_text_fragment_shader, which is meant to be an ARB_fragment_program-like extension for R2x0 based cards (Radeon 8500/9000/9100). I'm not sure if it's actually supported in drivers, though.

[edited by - Ostsol on February 8, 2003 8:04:16 PM]
-Ostsol
It''s not in the Catalsyt 3.0 driver set. (checked it myself as I''m interested in using this extension).

Every vendor with compatible hardware supports the ARB_fragment_porgram extension, so you won''t find it on GF4 neither RadeOn or 8500, but you''ll find it on 9500+ and GF FX.
Dunno aobut Matrox Parhelia, KYRO has no programmable support.

-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
Who uses GL_ATI_text_fragment_shader then?
I''ve got a Radeon 9000, and it doesn''t support it.

Electron

"The truth can be changed simply by the way you accept it."

--Electron"The truth can be changed simply by the way you accept it.""'General failure trying to read from file' - who is General Failure, and why is he reading my file??"
It''s not yet available in the drivers.

quote:Original post by Ingenu
Dunno aobut Matrox Parhelia

Matrox was making their own extension, but it''s not in the registry. The only reference I ever saw to it was in some of the Parhelia OpenGL tech docs.
-Ostsol

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement