What do you think so far?

Started by
17 comments, last by Thunder_Hawk 21 years, 1 month ago
I tried it and it works better with the acceleration now. I did get some strange freezes while using fullscreen though. I am uncertain as to what may have caused it. They are erratic and just temporary but on a somewhat regular basis. Maybe it is my antivirus program that wants to check the program but is not given enough time to do so. I usually have a 1 second sleep time before continuing my applications just to make sure that the system gets enough time to do what it needs to do. I am not sure it would help in this case though. Well, I am off for the night. I'll have another look tomorrow. Feel free to drop me a note in my forum if you have questions (its in my office) the link is below. I will have a look on your app there in the morning.

[edited by - MichaelT on February 9, 2003 7:52:55 PM]
No no no no! :)
Advertisement
sorry, didn''t reply for a long time. this is the problem i had with alt+tab:

your game is running is 640x480 right? my desktop is in 1152x864. I pressed alt+tab, although it goes back to desktop, mouse visible, no crash, it''s still in 640x480, and if i am correct ( don''t have the game now, i''ll try it when i get home ), the game background is still there, instead of my desktop background.
running xp pro, 950mhz duron, 256 ddr memory, 64mb geforce4mx440.

That''s exactly the problem I was describing (that appears to be fixed). Sometimes it crashes, other times, the background is repeated is repeated on the desktop with major discoloration...You say it stayed in game resolution? Hmm, I''ll go double check the ChangeDisplaySettings calls...
______________________________________________________________________________________The Phoenix shall arise from the ashes... ThunderHawk -- ¦þ"So. Any n00bs need some pointers? I have a std::vector<n00b*> right here..." - ZahlmanMySite | Forum FAQ | File Formats______________________________________________________________________________________
Updated again...The problem with the small freezes should be better in the new version.
______________________________________________________________________________________The Phoenix shall arise from the ashes... ThunderHawk -- ¦þ"So. Any n00bs need some pointers? I have a std::vector<n00b*> right here..." - ZahlmanMySite | Forum FAQ | File Formats______________________________________________________________________________________
I encountered some strange behaviour when running in window mode: suddenly the ball started bouncing between the bottom and about 1cm over the bottom (when running in window mode, 1024x768). After a few seconds, the ball went back to normal again. Also, I think the menu colors are confusing.

"It is clearly a budget. It''s got lots of number in it."
   - George W. Bush
Yes, it stays at 640x480. Here.

EDIT: Arghh..Geocities!!!

[edited by - alnite on February 11, 2003 12:12:15 PM]

[edited by - alnite on February 11, 2003 12:13:48 PM]
I just modified the hell out of the Alt+Tab code. Please tell me if this is any better.

Sometime this weekend I plan on reworking the menu code and adding a survival mode (with high scores of course)...Are there any other "features" that you might like to see added to the game?

[edited by - Thunder_Hawk on March 2, 2003 7:04:11 PM]
I just uploaded a new version again. Hopefully it will be to everyone''s liking
I like the game, but i think it is a tad hard ... I think you should maybe make the paddles a bit bigger and also make the up ability thing shorter, when I used it it helped me, but usually also caused me to score on myself because I couldnt see it for a while, just consider these, great game and im working on an enhanced version of pong now! Good Job
A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement