transparent loaded bmps?

Started by
-1 comments, last by jverkoey 21 years, 2 months ago
I was recently looking at tutorial 38, and I put the code in to my program (it works great, now I don't have to make sure I have all the pics when I'm zipping the file, lol) but the one thing is, before, I had it so that the bmp's could load with transparencies, and now....I don't know how to put the transparencies back in.....

void LoadGLTextures()
{
	HBITMAP hBMP;										// Handle Of The Bitmap

BITMAP	BMP;										// Bitmap Structure

byte	Texture[]={ IDB_FONT, IDB_GRASS, IDB_MARBLE, IDB_SAPWOOD, IDB_SHEETMETAL };

glGenTextures(sizeof(Texture), &texture[0]);
	for (int loop=0; loop<sizeof(Texture); loop++)
	{
		hBMP=(HBITMAP)LoadImage(GetModuleHandle(NULL),MAKEINTRESOURCE(Texture[loop]), IMAGE_BITMAP, 0, 0, LR_CREATEDIBSECTION);
		if (hBMP)
		{
			GetObject(hBMP,sizeof(BMP), &BMP);
			glPixelStorei(GL_UNPACK_ALIGNMENT,4);

glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture[loop]);
			glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_LINEAR);
			glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR);

gluBuild2DMipmaps(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 3, BMP.bmWidth, BMP.bmHeight, GL_BGR_EXT, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, BMP.bmBits);
			DeleteObject(hBMP);
		}
	}
}  
that's the code I am using, down to the point.....and I want to know how to put some more code in there to check for....pink let's say, and then change that to alpha....I tried to do it myself, but i don't know enough about win32 bmp stuff and I couldn't figure out how to convert the Aux_rgb image things or whatever in to BITMAP format..... -jverkoey [edited by - jverkoey on February 8, 2003 12:01:16 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement