• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goohead

debugging directdraw in vc++

This topic is 5760 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

help! i''m getting an hresult = 6 from trying to Blt() from a plain off-screen surface to my secondary buffer. the directx error lookup tool says a 6 means an invalid handle. i''m near positive my bitmap is loading fine to the off-screen surface (i''ve got lots of error detection going on). my rect''s for the Blt function have legitmate values in them. i get no errors on the creation of the primary, secondary or off screen surfaces. here''s the Blt() code from my app: if(lpddsbuffer->Blt(&blitRectDest, lpMapTiles, &blitRectSrc, DDBLT_WAIT, NULL) != DD_OK) ReportError("BitBlt - draw to map buffer"); any help on this would be greatly appreciated. also, any tips on how to debug this in vc++ would be great also. i can''t seem to figure out how to run this in a window, and when running full-screen, i can'' tswitch over to vc++ in debug mode to try and see where i might be getting a bad value somewhere. thanks!

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!