• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

debugging directdraw in vc++

This topic is 5489 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

help! i''m getting an hresult = 6 from trying to Blt() from a plain off-screen surface to my secondary buffer. the directx error lookup tool says a 6 means an invalid handle. i''m near positive my bitmap is loading fine to the off-screen surface (i''ve got lots of error detection going on). my rect''s for the Blt function have legitmate values in them. i get no errors on the creation of the primary, secondary or off screen surfaces. here''s the Blt() code from my app: if(lpddsbuffer->Blt(&blitRectDest, lpMapTiles, &blitRectSrc, DDBLT_WAIT, NULL) != DD_OK) ReportError("BitBlt - draw to map buffer"); any help on this would be greatly appreciated. also, any tips on how to debug this in vc++ would be great also. i can''t seem to figure out how to run this in a window, and when running full-screen, i can'' tswitch over to vc++ in debug mode to try and see where i might be getting a bad value somewhere. thanks!

Advertisement

• Advertisement